Thursday, September 19, 2013

AfterWORDS: Connecting the Message to Everyday Life


I'm Charlton Taylor, the Senior Minister for TCOC (Trenton Church of Christ). I believe in the power of preaching - the weekly rhythm of speaking publicly the Word of God. In the 2000 years of Christian history, preaching has been an essential component of individual and communal formation. I'm honored and humbled that God has entrusted me with the opportunity to regularly declare his life-transforming story.

I'm convinced God intends for his word to have a transformative effect in your everyday life. When theology ceases to be practical, it ceases to be theology. God never intended his story as an idea, but as a way of life and as a manner of perceiving the world. I created AfterWORDS as tool to help the hearer connect the Sunday message to everyday life. It is designed for the TCOC member, but will be available to anyone with Internet access.

Each week I will attach an audio link to the previous Sunday's message and will attempt to write two short devotional thoughts related to and building upon the message. I pray AfterWORDS will help you keep God's word fresh in your life throughout the week and not simply on Sunday.



"It would not be right for us to neglect the ministry of the word of God..."

No comments:

Post a Comment